The ECSCW 2013 Doctoral Colloquium provides an opportunity for doctoral students to discuss their research in an international forum, under the guidance of a panel of experienced CSCW researchers. The Doctoral Colloquium will be held on Sunday the 22nd of September 2013 as part of the 13th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Paphos, Cyprus (http://www.ecscw2013.org).
We invite students who are working in the broad field of CSCW to apply. The strongest candidates will be those students who have a well-established research proposal, have made some progress towards it, but are still on time to benefit from advice and feedback by peers and senior colleagues. Selected candidates will be expected to give short, informal presentations of their work during the Colloquium, to be followed by extensive group discussion in a friendly and constructive workshop.
To apply please submit the following documents
1) A 4-page overview of your doctoral research, stating your research questions, level of advancement, and expected contributions. Formatting instructions and paper templates are available at zip. The submissions are not anonymous and should therefore include names, affiliations and contact information.
2) A short (2-3 paragraph) biography.
3) A paragraph that articulates what you expect to gain from attending the ECSCW 2013 Doctoral Colloquium.
4) An email letter from your supervisor indicating that they support your application to the ECSCW 2013 Doctoral Colloquium and that they agree that your research is at an appropriate stage for participation. These letters should also indicate how you and other students might benefit from your participation in the colloquium. The e-mail should be sent to email@example.com stating “ECSCW Doctoral Colloquium: + YOUR NAME” in the subject heading.
All items should be submitted as PDF files through easychair
Item 1 should be submitted separately, items 2 and 3 should be submitted as a single PDF file.
- Submission Deadline: 15 June 2013 (5:00pm PDT)
- Notification Date: 22 June 2013
- Doctoral Colloquium: 22 September 2013
Antonella De Angeli, University of Trento, Trento, Italy
Wayne Lutters, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA