Book your flights to the European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work online at www.austrian.com and save 15 % on all applicable fares!
To do so, simply enter the following code in the eVoucher field on the Austrian homepage booking-engine:Code: ECSCW13
- Booking period: from now until September 25st, 2013
- Valid for flights to Larnaca, Cyprus and return as of September 14th, 2013 until October 2nd, 2013 (final date for return flight) on OS flight numbers
The ECSCW 2013 Local Organization Committee may provite invitation letters to people who have registered for the conference. For issuing an invitation letter we require the following information to be sent to email@example.com: Full name, Passport number, Date of birth, Address, Institution.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR TRAVELERS: Please note that holders of a valid Schengen Visa who have already travelled within the Schengen Zone, may travel to Cyprus without an additional Cypriot Visa.
Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid Schengen visas and who have already entered Schengen countries, as per the Schengen regulations, may now travel to Cyprus directly from that Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
Schengen zone (within red circle):
Click here to download the MFA Application for Visa
Where Visas are being issued:
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries: ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KUWAIT, OMAN, SWITZERLAND, SUDAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI), UZBEKISTAN.
The above information is based on information provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at their website. Please visit their website for the latest information and further details by clicking here.
Cyprus has two (2) airports:
- The Larnaca International Airport, which is located about 5km (3 miles) from Larnaca town centre and 142km (88 miles) from Paphos.
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Larnaca)
- The Paphos International Airport, which is located about 15km (9 miles) from Paphos town centre.
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Paphos)
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
- Private taxi Transfers. Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, Easy Conferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org. These transfers can be private (max 3 person) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is guaranteed.
Please note that it is very important to include your flight details (date and time of arrival) in your registration for all of the above and below choices of transportation.
- Airport Taxis. Get an airport taxi on arrival to the airport. Service is quite good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
- Public Transportation.
Please visit the official website of OSUPA LTD. to view all routes within Paphos centre and suburbs where all the major sites and attractions are located.
For ease of reference, Route 615 (Harbour Main Station - Coral Bay) ends up at Coral Bay stop (Coral Beach Hotel - VENUE).Larnaca Airport to Venue
Please note that currently, there is no direct bus service from Larnaca Airport to Paphos. However, you may follow the next steps:
Step 1: From Larnaca Airport use the Limassol Airport Express coaches in order to reach Limassol city (Last bus stop "Saint George Havouzas" - shuttle bus stop). Please visit their webpage for more information and timetable: www.airportshuttlebus.eu
Step 2: Afterwards, use the Intercity Buses (Green Buses) to get to Paphos city (First bus stop "Pervola - Karavela"). Kindly note that intercity bus service does not operate frequently. Please visit their webpage for more information and drop off points: www.intercity-buses.com
Step 3: Use public bus to reach Harbour (Main Station). Afterwards, use the Paphos public buses to reach the hotel venue. Please visit their webpage at: www.pafosbuses.com for routes and timetables.
Paphos Airport to Venue
Step 1: Use the public bus route 612 from Paphos Airport to reach Harbour (Main Station). Please visit their webpage for more information and timetable: www.pafosbuses.com.
Step 2: Then, you can use the Paphos public "OSYPA buses" to reach the hotel venue. Please visit their webpage for more information and timetable: www.pafosbuses.com.
- Car rentals. Participants may opt to hire a car during their stay, and thus use it for their airport transfers. Cars may be reserved through the conference coordinator, Easy Conferences at special conference rates which are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type (same as in United Kingdom).
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 13:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone : Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community
- January 1: New Year's Day
- January 6: Epiphany Day
- Variable: Green Monday (50 Days before Greek Orthodox Easter)
- March 25: Greek National Day
- April 1: Greek Cypriot National Day
- Variable: Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Church)
- Variable: Easter Monday (Greek Orthodox Church)
- May 1: Labour Day
- Variable: Pentecost-Kataklysmos (Festival of the Flood)
- August 15: Assumption
- October 1: Cyprus Independence Day
- October 28: Greek National Day (Ochi Day)
- December 24: Christmas Eve
- December 25: Christmas Day
- December 26: Boxing Day
Notes: All Public Services, private enterprises, banks and shops are closed on Public Holidays. In resort and coastal areas, however, shops and certain services remain open. Banks are closed on Easter Tuesday but not on Dec. 24.
The health facilities in Cyprus are of a high standard. The latest technologies and operating techniques are standard practice, with heart bypass surgery and kidney transplantation operations routine in the islands hospitals. The accident and emergency departments of all the hospitals are manned with English-speaking personnel, but it's advisable to seek the assistance of an interpreter for more complex medical matters. Emergency treatment in the Accident and Emergency department, is free to tourists.